CONFLICT MANAGEMENT/RESOLUTION TRAINER
USAID Learns Contract
About Social Impact:
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
SI is seeking a Trainer on conflict management/resolution to provide practical training as part of the USAID Learns Learning Dojo Leadership Track 6-month training program. This position is part-time, able to work remotely, and reports to the Senior Technical Specialist.
*Please note: This post is open for both Vietnamese and international candidates.
- Design a 2-hour virtual skill-building training session for up to 20 senior leaders on facilitating conflict management/resolution as part of the broader Learning Dojo Leadership Track. Session design should include a facilitation plan, presentation materials and any necessary participant materials.
- Hold a full dry run of the training session with USAID Learns staff.
- Finalize the session design based on dry run feedback.
- Collate additional recommended resources (videos, podcasts, online trainings, etc.) on conflict management/resolution for inclusion in the training program’s resource hub.
- Co-facilitate the skills session with the USAID Learns team for the Leadership cohort.
- Participate in an After Action Review of the session and provide recommendations on training updates for future cohorts.
Timeframe: July-September 2022
LoE (days): up to 7 days
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, sociology, psychology, or related fields.
- 7 years of experience in leadership capacity building or coaching.
- Demonstrated experience teaching conflict management/resolution.
- Exceptional facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the international development sector preferred.
- Leadership coaching experience preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
The closing date for application: June 28, 2022. Selection and interviews will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter including a list of similar trainings delivered with clients and length of each training into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
 The Learning Dojo is a capacity strengthening program for the USAID/Vietnam Mission’s implementing partners to build their capacities related to MEL and CLA. The Leadership Track targets senior leaders from the Mission’s implementing mechanisms to help them create healthier and more inclusive organizational cultures that will ultimately generate stronger overall performance. This track will help them identify how they can strengthen the conditions in their organization so their staff are happy, engaged, collaborative, focused on learning, and responsive to new information.