Chemonics seeks a component leads for the anticipated USAID Digital Connectivity and Cybersecurity Partnership (DCCP) – Pacific in the Pacific Island Countries (PICs). The activity aims to support the digital transformation of the PICs. This activity will support necessary changes in the legal and regulatory environment to support the digital economy and mobilize public and private investment in the ICT sector and assist in advancing regulatory reforms that focus on market liberalization, deregulation, and expanding broadband internet access. Each component lead will provide technical leadership and program management for one of the following objectives:
(1) Broadband access improved
(2) Digital policy and regulations strengthened
(3) Digital government advanced
(4) Digital skills and literacy enhanced
This position will be based in Fiji, or elsewhere in the Pacific Island Countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical leadership and strategic direction for activities under the component
- Work with host-country institutions to advance policy goals, build capacity, and implement activities
- Manage component staff to complete activities in accordance with annual work plans to achieve project targets
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as regulatory bodies, private sector actors, and other donors
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience in one of the following areas:
- Broadband access/telecommunications
- Digital policy development
- Digital governance
- Digital skills development
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders including government agencies, regulatory bodies, the private sector, civil society, and/or consumers
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience with international development projects delivering technical assistance preferred
- Experience working in the Pacific Island Countries and/or Asia region strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English; additional relevant foreign-language proficiency preferred
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Component Lead” in the subject line to DCCPPacificRecruit@chemonics.com by October 8, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.