Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to the following functions and responsibilities:
· Develop the gender sensitive communication and stakeholder engagement plan with the support of the Project Manager;
· Identify and engage with potential project beneficiaries;
· Conduct household assessments;
· Provide support to the Monitoring and Reporting Officer in compilation of the project’s beneficiary database through analyzing the collected information from the projects locations, preparation of summaries and briefing notes;
· Maintain awareness in the communities on project goals, GRM as well as HLP rights (i.e., compensation, alternative ownership proof etc) through various activities in liaison with the PM and other stakeholders.
· Liaise with municipality directorate on the selection of targeted area for projects implementation;
· Undertake regular site visits to the project sites independently or together with the Project Manager and the Project Team;
· Maintain close and effective collaboration with all key stakeholders and ensure their active participation in all project activities and committees;
· Ensure community participation includes the most vulnerable and marginalized groups.
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Technical knowledge of construction, design, contract management, occupational health and safety, environment, planning and management,
Judgment and Decision Making,
High organizational skills.
Core Values and Principles:
· Understand and respect our client sustainability principles
I. Look for ways to embed our client’s sustainability principles in day to day project management
II. Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at work place III. Champion and communicate project’s sustainability aspects with key stakeholders
· Understand and Respect National ownership and capacity
I. Understand the principles of the Paris Declaration on aid effectiveness and mainstream them into the project plans
II. Seek opportunities to recruit qualified local staff
III. Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts
· Partnerships and Coordination
I. Understand the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNSDCF) and our client, and the contribution of the project to the UNSDCF;
II. Strive to build strong partnerships and effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g. United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organizations or other relevant partners.
· Accountability for results and the use of resources
I. The project management processes are designed to deliver maximum accountability, transparency and results. If a project or processes is not in line with this, it is the responsibility of the PM to raise the issue to the supervisor
I. Contribute to innovation and the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability and quality.
· A minimum of three years of experience in supporting project implementation and/or coordination in either public or private sector organization is required.
· Previous experience in supporting project mobilization and community engagement is required
· Diploma and/or college education in combination with a total of 5 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
· Working experience in a project – based environment is required.
· Experience with international organization/s and/or UN agencies is an asset.
· Proficiency with computers in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Internet, MS Project, and other related software to the position field of expertise.
· Positive attitude and good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to develop clear goals and work well under tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities.
· Commitment, efficiency, flexibility and willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionals.
· Ability to adapt to a difficult working environment, under pressure and with limited timeframes, and to exercise initiative and resourcefulness necessary for prioritizing multiple tasks.
· Ability to travel to and within Iraq’s governorates.