Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the Communications Officer will be supporting all communications aspects of GoJUST II in close collaboration with the Technical Assistance Team members. He/she will also actively liaise UNOPS Philippines focal point/s and UNOPS communications units to ensure cohesiveness and internal knowledge sharing.
Accordingly, the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Support to Stakeholder Management
- Support the Project Manager in maintaining relationships with the counterparts in GoJUST2 Project key stakeholders, Donor, Government departments and development organizations.
- Coordinate linkages with the key national, regional and local media.
- With input and guidance from the Technical Advisory Team, collate and develop reports and presentations about the GoJUST2 Project & UNOPS and its activities for key stakeholders.
- Assist the UNOPS Focal Point for the United Nations Country Communications Group (UNCCG) in Philippines and take active part in the UNOPS Philippines Communications Unit activities.
- Coordinate with communications officers in MCO Cambodia, Asia Region, as well as with HQ CPG and external partners to gather information and advice on communications products and outreach.
Support to Delivery and performance:
- Support the the development, review and updating of the Communications and Visibility Plan for the GoJUST II.
- Support in the effort to ensure timely development and implementation of activities related to the communication strategy to publicize priority issues and/or major events, coordinating efforts, monitoring and reporting on progress, taking appropriate follow-up actions, and analyzing the outcome.
- Assist in and support the coordination of all event activities in relation to the project from inception to implementation and evaluation.
- Work in close collaboration with the Project Manager to monitor and analyze current events and produce news and news media writing and proofing. Gather content and coverage of relevant efforts to further promote GoJust activities.
- Contribute to produce and manage the production of all information communication products (editorial writing, news writing, proofing, pitching, placement, branded items etc.). Support the development and production of appropriate information and communication materials for use in media and other communication activities.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, act as a focal point for all communications (internal and external concerning the project, and between relevant organizations, including but not limited to: European Union, UNOPS, Philippines Supreme Court and Department of Justice and Justice Sector Coordination Council (JSCC).
- Support the preparation and release/dissemination of project related information and so that it can be carried out in a timely, message- and audience- appropriate and consistent manner.
- Maintain and update the GoJUST project website, ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of information; Include the inputs of the Technical Assistance Team on the substantive content for the project website, highlighting project achievements and other relevant evidence-based information generating through monitoring process.
- Assist the Project Manager and Technical Assistance Team in the implementation of the JSSC communication strategies. Support the organisation of the officials visits, press conferences and public events.
- Collaborate with mass media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
- Provide regular (quarterly) qualitative and quantitative analysis of project media coverage.
- Support the graphic designers’ work on visibility/promotional material and ensure or enhance the quality and relevance of Project and country-specific communication materials, activities, processes and messages for sharing with partners.
- With the support of other colleagues, produce fact sheets as well as success stories for the Project and UNOPS services in Philippines.
- Coordinate organisation of internal Office events as directed.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a media contact database and media coverage pertaining to the project.
- Contribute to the updates of UNOPS website and social network accounts; ensure that they are systematically updated and maintained.
- Support the UNOPS communication focal point in the development of key messages on UNOPS programming in the region, including for partners, local and international media.
- Ensure a well maintained and continually developed contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and fora (including Government, UN, and bilateral counterparts) for purposes of communication.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming , gender equality and diversity principles and practices are incorporated into the communications products, in accordance with the UNOPS and GOJUST2 objectives.
- Prepare briefing materials, reports, analysis of political, socio and economic trends relevant for UNOPS Philippines, as maybe requested.
Support to Procedures:
- Ensure respect of project management, procurement and communications requirements/procedures.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of the communications budget and compliance with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR).
- Ensure that communications and visibility are in line with the approved legal agreement on communication and branding for the Project.
- Contribute to identification and assessment of risks and implement mitigation measures in accordance with the UNOPS Risk Management Approach and the GoJUST II Communications & Visibility strategy.
- Contribute to planning activities and timely delivery of approved work, procurement, and financial plans for the communications activities.
- Provide accurate and quality inputs needed for monitoring of the projects’ performance, outputs , benefits and reports.
- With the guidance of the Procurement Officer, support preparation of tenders for the publicity and communication material (including print, graphics, web, audio and video).
- Participate in the UNOPS communities of practice /contribute to the knowledge management and sharing in Currents
- Contribute to identification and sharing of lessons learned and the best practices
- Close interaction with Programme/Project staff to share information and knowledge as related to projects and communications.
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21188
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in communications, journalism, public relations, international development, linguistics, social science , business administration or international relation.
- A first-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 1 years of relevant experience in communication , public relations, journalism or similar roles.
- Experience in research and analysis, reporting, external relations, communications, advocacy, business administration, and/or outreach in international organizations is desired.
- Experience in producing analytical reports and communications products is required.
- Experience in the humanitarian and/or development sector is an asset.
- Experience in the justice sector is desired
- Experience in international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in preparing, coordinating, and leading donor reporting processes is desirable.
- Excellent understanding on the intersection of technology, web design, editorial, digital, social media and multimedia platforms is desirable.
- Knowledge of digital media, visual communications and interactive storytelling methods is desirable.
- Ability to analyze online communications using performance indicators is desirable.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Fluency in Tagalog is required.