at Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Southeast Asia
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) has its roots in the 1990 in Berlin founded association “Social Analysis and Political Education”. In 1996, RLS was recognised by the Party of Democratic Socialism (PDS) as its close political education institution. Nowadays, the RLS is affiliated with the German political party “Die LINKE” (“The Left” / the Socialist Party of Germany) founded in 2007, and works closely together with “Left” and progressive actors worldwide.
RLS provides political education and a center for advanced social research in both Germany and throughout the world. RLS is one of six party-affiliated political foundations in Germany; it supports partners in over 80 countries striving for social justice, strengthening public participation, and socialecological development. In April 2009, the RLS Regional Representative Office for Southeast Asia was opened in Hanoi, managing activities and partnerships in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar.
In the Southeast Asian region, RLS embraces the mission of assisting transformation countries, such as Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam, to a socially and ecologically just, sustainable, participatory, and democratic society. It is currently cooperating with approximately 15 partner organizations like academic institutions and “grass-roots” organizations and state partners on a variety of issues within the three components of social justice, socio-ecological transformation, and questions concerning the ASEAN region. Under these components, we focus on topics like Climate Justice, Food Sovereignty, Feminism, supporting social and political underrepresented groups, facilitating left political exchange.
The Communication Officer will be in charge ofcoordinating the public communication of Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Southeast Asia, Hanoi office (RLS SEA). S/he will create content and reach out over different channels to the followers and target groups of RLS SEA. S/he will be responsible for Online Media Channels, as well as Mailing lists and other Communication Material. S/he will thereby also support the partner organizations of RLS SEA in the countries of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam in their goal for a socially and ecologically just, sustainable, participatory, and democratic society.
S/he will be in charge of increasing communications impact across the region, coming up with good ideas, activities, materials, and initiatives in support of the campaigns, contributing to the development of capacity building initiatives, contributing to ensure the unified message within the region. To accomplish these goals, this position will be working with the project management and office management teams and partners to coordinate communications efforts and high-quality content from the region, including but not limited to (social) media, offline events, video, photography, and case studies. This position reports directly to the director of RLS SEA and is updating the Headquarter of RLS in Berlin about recent publications of RLS SEA.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Public and Media Relations:
- Manage the RLS SEA’s online media channels such as Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok;
- Build up a Mailing List and send regular updates to all subscribers;
- Assist with the development of media materials including press releases, backgrounders; speaking notes, briefing documents; outreach to media in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam, inquiries and other support;
- Maintain media contact list; identify opportunities for engagement;
- Support the maintenance of the editorial calendar; identify opportunities for engagements in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam;
- Provide support for internally and externally-facilitated on-site events, press conferences, meetings and symposium;
- Develop and maintain partnership and relationship with current and potential partners, consultants, interns and volunteers of RLS;
- Support Project Managers (PMs) and Partners to ensure all publications of partners funded by RLS SEA following the standards of logo and format;
- Ensure all RLS media products comply with local / international and RLS copyright standards.
2. Internal Communications:
- Develop a general guideline for partner in using RLS SEA logo, disclaimer;
- Draft, design and disseminate news internally;
- Regularly maintain RLS SEA’s Media Bank database in conjunction with global standards, including tagging and filling of photos, videos and documents;
- Support project and office management team to draft communications updates,
achievements and key information.
3. Knowledge Management and Learning
- Propose creative solutions for knowledge management in the organization;
- Support the development, management, and analysis of existing knowledge in RLS projects, researches, and activities;
- Bring new solutions for the management of information within RLS and partners network.
4. Visibility and Awareness:
- Raise RLS SEA’s profile and visibilityin Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam through quality production and dissemination of corporate materials, including but not limited to online postings on social media platforms, brochures, flyers, banners, marketing films;
- Regularly create effective multimedia;
- Assist with design, layout, photographic and video editing, as required;
- Support colleagues on how best to communicate and share knowledge within their network through the development of engaging content, including stories, images, videos and graphics;
- Ensure correct use of corporate identity and branding materials;
- Ensure that Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Safeguarding policy is applied in all communications work.
Qualifications, skills and competencies
1. Professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields (communications, marketing, journalism, social sciences, international studies or others);
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a communication role (dealing with the media, event management, public relation and internal communications);
- Strong commitment to work in support of the transformation toward a socially and ecologically just society.
2. Specific knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of press and public relations (with working experience in the development sector would be particularly advantageous);
- Strong networks in media fields;
- Strong experience in outcomes-focused strategic communications and planning across the spectrum of media formats and genres;
- Good graphic design and multimedia design skills (f. e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Corel IDRAW);
- Exceptional interpersonal communications, digital and writing skills;
- Analytical bent of mind with an affinity to leverage on data analytics to evaluate the outcomes;
- Good understanding about the non-governmental organization works and their impact on the society.
3. General skills:
- Fluency in written and spoken both Vietnamese and English;
- Strong organizational abilities; able to priorities and manage different projects across diverse themes despite competing deadlines;
- Analytical and problem solving;
- Conflict management;
- High level of flexibility in working in an intercultural team;
- Excellent office computer software skills;
- Willing to learn and change toward better, result orientated mid set.
- Previous experience with INGO working with marginalized people;
- Passion for understanding the evolving and dynamic nature of digital media and finding solutions to implement them to advance the work of the Foundation in the region;
- Interest in politics, civil society, economics and culture of the South East Asia and beyond;
- Knowledge of gender transformative and feminist leadership;
- Knowledge in written and spoken German / Willing to learn German.
What we offer:
- Challenging and diverse work environment in an international, multicultural organization;
- Work on projects with high relevance for political and social debates;
- Open door policy to introduce and implement own project ideas;
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
RLS would like to invite interested candidates to submit their application in one PDF document following international standards in English language including:
- A motivation letter including salary expectation;
- 0,5 – 1 page of ideas how to improve the Online Media Channels of RLS / 1 or 2 examples
Application deadline: 07th of March, 2021
Please be informed that only written and complete application packages like described above meeting all
above mentioned requirements will be considered and invited for interview. Application packages are
preferred in one PDF document.
Please submit your application to Mr. Philip Degenhardt (Regional Director RLS SEA) & Ms. Nguyen Le
Hang at: email@example.com.
Inquiries are only accepted before the application deadline. Please refrain from phone inquiries. Only
short-listed candidates will be contacted!
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất