The Department of External Relations and Partnerships is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of IDLO’s external relations agenda, communications and partnerships building through strategies and activities to promote, protect and enhance IDLO’s mission and brand.
The Department actively promotes and advocates for IDLO’s strategic priorities with governments, the United Nations system, other intergovernmental organizations, civil society, the private sector, philanthropic organizations, academia, and other potential partners at national, regional and international levels. It collaborates with all entities within IDLO to promote the Organization’s policy advocacy priorities. It supports IDLO’s program and program development teams and country offices to ensure that communications, partnership engagements, resource mobilization and other outreach activities are coherent and integrated in IDLO’s activities around the world. It builds and maintains innovative and productive partnerships, ensures best practices in communication and resource mobilization, and supports the governance mechanisms of the Organization.
Working under the supervision of the Director of External Relations and Partnerships, the Chief of Partnerships and Governance is responsible for the following activities:**
1. Partnerships and Outreach
· Under the guidance of Director, External Relations and Partnerships, support the development and implementation of an institutional Partnerships Strategy in line with IDLO’s Strategic Plan and Management Plan.
· Develop and implement individualized outreach plans for priority current and prospective partners within the framework of the institutional strategy.
· Establish and maintain IDLO’s central stakeholder database including supporting IDLO offices to conduct their own stakeholder mappings and establishing systems for collecting and disseminating information.
· Coordinate and support ongoing outreach to priority partners across IDLO offices and departments.
· Provide briefings on current and potential partners as requested by the Office of the Director-General and other offices.
· Coordinate and support the organization of events as needed to raise IDLO’s profile and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders.
· Represent IDLO in external events and meetings with stakeholders to promote IDLO’s mission and support the achievement of its goals and objectives as requested by the Director of External Relations and Partnerships.
2. Governance and Membership Engagement
· In coordination with the Office of the Director-General, ensure effective and efficient planning, organization, and convening of IDLO’s governing body meetings, and coordinating high quality and timely reports, inputs and other documentation for the Assembly of Parties, the Standing Committee, the Audit and Finance Committee and the Board of Advisers.
· Coordinate the development of a structured and prioritized approach to membership growth.
· Strengthen engagement with current and prospective member parties, including through organizing regular outreach, briefings.
· In collaboration with relevant colleagues including the Office of General Counsel and the Department of Programs, support the negotiation and discussion of Host Country Agreements.
· Effectively lead the Partnerships and Governance Team by providing clear direction, managing performance through regular dialogue, feedback, and mentoring; motivate and support staff by fostering teamwork; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-cultural setting; and
· Contribute to the delivery of IDLO’s Strategic and Management Plans.
· Perform other related duties as requested by the Director of External Relations.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred in Law, Political Science, Social Science, International Relations, Business or another field relevant directly to the work of IDLO.
· A minimum of 12 years of substantial experience of working at senior level in an international/multilateral organization or in government with a focus on partnerships, diplomacy and/or inter-governmental coordination.
· Demonstrated experience of developing and managing relations with major bilateral and multilateral donors.
· Experience working in intergovernmental organizations including on issues related to multilateral governance.
· Proven track record of building partnerships strategies and tools, with measurable results.
· Substantial experience of leading teams, managing, and developing staff and holding budgetary authority.
· Full professional competence of written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
· Knowledge of other languages, French in particular is highly desirable.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
· Good understanding of trends in international development and rule of law sectors and familiarity with key multilateral, governmental, non-governmental and private sector actors working in areas related to IDLO’s mandate.
· Strong diplomatic skills with proven ability to build and manage effective partnerships with diverse stakeholders in complex multi-cultural environments.
· Excellent written, verbal and visual communications skills are required. The ability to breakdown key arguments and distill complex messages and present them in a clear and creative manner to multiple audiences including partners, donors and other stakeholders as well as the public.
· Knowledge of rule of law and international development a strong advantage.
· Highly effective influencing and relationship building skills at all levels across diverse and remote groups of stakeholders as well as face to face.
· Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and meet multiple project deadlines simultaneously.
· Flexible and entrepreneurial, with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the Organization to achieve its objectives.
· Experience of working with senior executives.
· Proficient in utilizing standard information technology, including Microsoft Office and related software.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s values and mandate.
· Able and willing to travel to field operations, including in post-conflict countries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally professional recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Fixed Term Contract of 24 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 85,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, and leave entitlements in accordance with the IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.