This consultancy is a part of the project “Tackling Modern Slavery” from Viet Nam: An interagency programme for behaviour change, access to justice and reintegration support” funded by the United Kingdom’s Home Office.
This project tackles modern slavery from Viet Nam through harnessing the capacities of IOM, World Vision and British Council to implement a coordinated series of interventions that specifically align with existing work in Viet Nam, and United Kingdom Official Development Assistance requirements.
On the basis of IOM research, the project targets five key target provinces: Nghe An (Yen Thanh; Dien Chau districts); Hai Phong city (Hai Phong city; Thuy Nguyen district); Quang Binh: (Đong Hoi city; Bo Trach districts); Ha Tinh (Can Loc; Nghi Xuan districts); and Quang Ninh (Ha Long city).
Under the prevention component, the project aims to prevent vulnerable populations from becoming victims by reducing vulnerability to modern slavery through a behaviour change communication (BCC) campaign entitled “Think Before You Go” which consists of digital and live events targeting specific vulnerable groups at risks of trafficking. While the campaign has been well-received by the target groups as well as implementing partners and achieved certain success, the project is looking to further enhance and add value to ongoing activities in order to augment gained knowledge, changed attitudes and practices regarding safe migration in the changing context of COVID-19.
2. Overall responsibilities:
The Behavior Change Communication Specialist will re-evaluate and revise the current BCC strategy with potentially new key messages and content for “Think Before You Go” campaign in coordination with IOM and Women’s Union partners in target provinces to prevent vulnerable Vietnamese from making unsafe and uninformed migration decisions especially during the COVID-19 era.
3. Specific responsibilities:
- Re-evaluate and revise the current strategy of “Think Before You Go” campaign by identifying new target audience (if any) and tailoring potentially new key messaging and content to such groups, taking into consideration the changing context of COVID-19; and design of methodology and tools to evaluate the behavior change upon completion of the campaign.
- Oversee technical aspects, content and evaluation methodology developed for production of BCC products, including but not limited to a game-based learning activities handbook and a scope of work that guides development of an online course on safe migration and prevention of human trafficking.
- Work with the project team members to develop content for training courses provided to implementing partners on BCC and inclusion in key workshops and capacity building events with the Community Advocacy Groups.
4. Deliverables and payment schedule:
- A revised strategy for Think Before You Go campaign. Payment schedule: 20%
- A scope of work that guides the development of an online course on safe migration and human trafficking prevention. Payment schedule: 10%
- A handbook for game-based and interactive learning activities on safe migration and human trafficking prevention. Payment schedule: 30%
- A TOR of a two to three-day workshop with the project government partners to review the implementation of the BCC campaign and training on BCC skills. Pay schedule: 30%
- Content and technical requirements developed for workshops and communication materials under the campaign. Pay schedule: 10%
5. Duration and timing:
The Consultant will work intermittently for 20 working days from 15 March to August 2021.
Graduate degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Advertising/Marketing/International Relations
Minimum of 7 years work experience in mass media and/or communications.
Experience developing communications for the Development sector (Government programmes, NGOs, multi/bi lateral agencies etc.).
- Strong research and excellent writing skills in English;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Experience in producing corporate products;
- Experience in migrant rights and vulnerability, trafficking in persons, and voluntary return and reintegration and counter migrant smuggling,
- Understanding of the issue of human trafficking and modern slavery in Viet Nam, the knowledge, attitudes and practices of Vietnamese potentials victims of human trafficking and of modern slavery in relation to the UK as a country of destination and from a country-of-origin perspective;
- Knowledge of IOM and UN terms, language and style;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes to text/layout as part of the review and feedback process;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work with diverse people;
- Participate effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Focus on impact and results for the client.
How to apply:
Completed applications, including cover letter, CV and copies of diplomas and certificates may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Consultancy Notice’s Position Title.
From 01.03.2021 to 10.03.2021
For more details, please refer to the attached file.
Closing Date: 5:00 PM, March 10, 2021
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất