Kopernik is an exciting, cutting-edge organization that finds what works by experimenting with potential solutions that address social and environmental challenges. Kopernik engages partners from the development, public and private sectors to advance products, services and approaches that support underserved communities, as well as creative actors in advocating social-environmental issues.
Kopernik values action, getting things done, and being open and transparent – we have a professional and highly skilled team who are always looking for ways to innovate.
We are recruiting a highly motivated and creative Associate Manager of Media & Content to work with Kopernik’s communications team, to manage Kopernik’s editorial content and media relations, sourcing and producing highly engaging content for largely digital channels.
We are looking for a personable, analytical, collaborative, and creative person, with a passion for writing, that works well cross-departmentally to write engaging, data-centric and insightful content, including opinion pieces, press releases, impact stories, project updates, and service or campaign messaging, in line with Kopernik’s strategic communication plans.
Editorial, Writing, and Content Management
- Develop Kopernik’s editorial calendar to plan upcoming content and communication messages, and regularly monitor to track content type, promotional channels, authors, and publish dates.
- Develop, craft and execute compelling messages to engage and inspire target audiences and mobilize greater support for Kopernik’s mission and work.
- Develop well-written and well-researched content that communicates thought leadership for a variety of relevant publications in the academic, development, and business sectors.
- Engage in, and support client projects which require content development.
- Conduct research and analyze relevant development sector and business publications and apply this knowledge to Kopernik’s content development.
- Write and pitch articles and opinion pieces to media and other external publications to widen Kopernik’s reach within the development and business sectors.
- Write and/or oversee the creation of content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Manage Kopernik’s communications platforms to ensure website and social media channels are updated regularly and reflect key messages.
- Provide English language editing support to the Kopernik team.
Strategy and Innovation
- Work closely with other team members to develop, pitch and write articles, opinion pieces, journal articles, publications that align with overall organizational objectives and strategies, and editorial planning timelines.
- Constantly monitor international development sector publications to identify relevant topics and conversations related to Kopernik’s work and expertise.
- Actively look for new opportunities to profile Kopernik’s work and expand our audience.
- Actively develop and implement new strategies and ideas for engaging targeted audiences and meeting communications team objectives.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS
- Positive attitude, hard-working, reliable, motivated and passionate about social impact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fully computer literate and tech savvy.
- Ability to work quickly and deliver projects to tight deadlines.
- Ability to create high-quality content from a loose concept under tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and engage colleagues and external partners in content production.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently when needed and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and interdisciplinary working environment.
- Qualification in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or another relevant field.
- Minimum six years of work experience, with at least two years in a similar management role.
- Highly developed research, analytical and critical thinking ability – able to craft engaging and relevant a range of content supported by evidence and data, that effectively promotes the work and services of Kopernik for different audiences and with differing call to actions.
- Ability to continually develop, pitch, and execute fresh and relevant content ideas in alignment with communications objectives and plans.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project documentation, business reports, news, journal articles and other media, and apply this knowledge to writing.
- Highly developed written communication skills – in both Indonesian and English – with a love for writing and language.
- A strong interest in staying up-to-date with the latest conversations, trends and practices in international development.
- An understanding of digital content production best practices and the tactics that build increased audience bases.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing tools and platforms, including MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and other Google tools.
- Willingness to travel to project sites or attend events, capturing compelling stories.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s culture and values in reaching underserved communities.
- Indonesian national preferred.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 28 FEBRUARY 2021
Only candidates who apply via our website will be considered. Please visit https://kopernik.info/en/about/careers/associate-manager-of-media-content
- Salary Offer IDR 12,000,000 – IDR 18,000,000