The Afghan Placement and Assistance (APA) Senior Caseworker will have a blended role of providing both direct service as well as supervision of staff and programming. This position will assist in conducting case file review, grant reporting, outcomes monitoring, case management and coordination, back-up support to the APA Supervisor, and providing leadership to the casework team. The APA Senior Caseworker will have a reduced caseload, with primary responsibility in leading the coordination of cases to ensure clients with significant vulnerabilities or barriers in the integration process are able to become self-sufficient
· Providing specialized case management services to eligible clients, including developing individual self-sufficiency strategies, supervising progress, and providing support to clients by addressing housing, health, education, financial assistance, legal issues, and other needs which may emerge.
· Assist in triaging immediate needs of clients, providing single services as needed.
· Maintain accurate and up-to date case files for all assigned clients.
· Coordinate referrals for further specialized services both within and outside of the IRC.
· Provide leadership and training in case management through a trauma-informed, equitable, and gender sensitive approach.
· Ensure appropriate case documentation and data tracking. Support staff to ensure successful service delivery and documentation. Conduct regular case file audits
· Participate in monitoring and evaluation of programs, provide supervision, client outreach, act as a point of contact for escalation of client concerns.
· Monitor client spending plans, ensure donor deliverables are met, compile data, and draft reports as required by donors.
· Assist in new hire training.
· Conduct performance review with caseworkers on the progress of their specific cases, provide one-on-one supervision with caseworkers, and build work and professional goals with direct reports.
· Supervise and coordinate interns and volunteers.
· Provide back up support and coverage to APA Supervisor as needed.
· Provide recommendations for program and service improvements.
· Provide leadership in case management meetings, updates on cases, and coordination between the casework team and other IRC teams.
· Follow all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position Reports to: APA Supervisor
Indirect Reports to: Sr. Direct Services Program Manager
Position Directly Supervises: 3-4 staff within the Resettlement Casework Team
Other Internal and/or External Contacts:
Internal: Interns, volunteers, headquarters, other IRC teams.
External: Community and public partners, religious and faith-based communities, Arizona Department of Economic Security, law enforcement, schools, medical providers.
· Undergraduate degree in social work or related field or equivalent work experience.
· Two or more years of professional work experience with one year of direct casework experience; preferably in a non-profit or social services environment; some supervisory/ staff oversight experience preferred.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred.
· Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal with lived experience as refugee or immigrant or in lieu of lived experience, experience working with refugees and/or immigrants or experience working cross-culturally.
· Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Experience in web-based data entry systems and databases strongly preferred.
· Highly organized self-starter with success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with stringent deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to lift 35-50 pounds in assisting with setup arrangements for new arrival refugees
· Must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
· Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc.)
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require weekend and/or evening work.
Benefits: We offer our employees phenomenal benefits such as paid parental leave, generous time off, and excellent medical, dental, and vision options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**