The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
The project “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle to Protect the Marine Environment and Coral Reefs” supports the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member states in the improvement of implementation capacities for reducing land-based waste leakage to protect the seas. The project outcome includes four output areas. Based on the “ASEAN Framework of Action on Marine Debris” the regional cooperation and knowledge management among the ASEAN working groups will be enhanced. The second area of activity focuses on the development of national measures for waste leakage reduction within the focal ASEAN member states (Indonesia, Philippines, Viet Nam and Cambodia) as well as their transmission to strategies on local level. The third area of activity focuses on involving the private sector to develop approaches for waste leakage reduction along the value chain. Pilot projects along the value chain from sustainable consumption to enhanced waste collection and recycling will be implemented in a fourth area of activity in selected municipalities.
- The incumbent is responsible for the results-based monitoring and evaluation of project activities, as well as the reporting of project impacts, best practices, results, indicator targets, lessons learned, cross-cutting issues, etc.
- Ensures the effective communication of the project activities to all relevant parties and the general public.
- Liaises and work closely with the project team in Cambodia, the Philippines, and Viet Nam.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure systematic and regular gathering of data and other information required for the monitoring of project implementation, using the most appropriate means and sources of gathering the necessary input data
- Train regional project staff in Indonesia, the Philippines, Cambodia and Viet Nam in documentation and feeding-in of monitoring data
- Draft regular monitoring reports and annual project reports
- Process and analyse monitoring data received and prepare graphical presentations
- Develop a communication strategy for the project and publish leaflets, flyers and other (digital) media suitable for creating public awareness of the project activities
- Manage and supervise consultants (graphic designers, printers, videographers, etc.) in the layout and production of relevant documents, briefs, folders, articles, videos, etc. following GIZ PR guidelines
- Be the communication focal point for this regional project
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the project leader
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
- University degree in solid waste management, communication, public administration or other relevant field of study
- At least 5 (five) years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent communication skills and spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
- High proficiency with/ excellent command of MS Office
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Reputation of integrity, credibility and firmness
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: November 2020
Direct Supervisor: Project leader of 3RproMar Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to email@example.com by November 4th, 2020 with subject line 3RproMar – Advisor M&E and Communication
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified