J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB-UI), seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Administrative Associate. The Administrative will provide support the establishment of Institutional Review Board (IRB) as well as the operations of the institution.
The Administrative Associate will be exposed to various tasks, not limited to support the IRB in ensuring that the rights and welfare of human subjects are protected throughout their participation in research projects, but also include the coordination with researchers, the IRB Chairperson and members, and other IRB Institution to ensure the rights and welfare of participants in the human research activities conducted by the University’s faculty, scientists, and students. As an administrator, he/she will support the IRB Chairperson and other IRB members by providing professional analytical and technical assistance while interacting closely with researchers.
- Support the establishment of IRB within the institution, assisting in the preparation of materials, including drafting guidelines, policy, and procedure;
- Analyze and review applications for the IRB to ensure completeness and compliance with appropriate regulations, institutional policies, and IRB guidelines;
- Correspond with researchers, articulating required modifications to study documentation, including informed consent forms, in order to secure IRB approval, and requesting additional information needed before approval can be considered;
- Prepare documents for deliberation at IRB meetings, attend IRB meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and communicate IRB determinations and actions to researchers;
- Develop and participate in training and educational activities on human research protections that are presented to researchers and administrators;
- Conduct monitoring of approved human research projects;
- Maintain active knowledge of evolving laws, regulations, policies, and ethical norms that are applicable to human research activities through continuous professional development;
- Other duties as required.
- Education: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Psychology, International Relations, Communications, Economics, and other related field). Strong interest in development policy as demonstrated by coursework and/or study or work experience is a plus.
- Experience: This position requires minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Analytical thinking: Able to display analytical thinking in writing, executing tasks, and applying regulations, policies and guidelines for the protection of human subjects;
- Communication: Attention to detail, clear, precise, in articulating the procedure and regulations;
- Time Management: Proven ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, successfully complete tasks assigned, and meet deadlines. A willingness to work hard, be self-motivated and learn will be essential for doing well in this position;
- Languages: High-level of proficiency (fluent or native) in both Indonesian and English.
How to Apply