Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The Administrative Assistant will provide support in a variety of administrative & office functions. This position requires knowledge of organizational & departmental policies & procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions & services.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
- Coordinate with Momentum Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) project staff (with whom Breakthrough ACTION will be sharing office) to ensure the opening & closing of office on a daily basis including as needed after hours & on weekends.
- Monitor & schedule routine & as needed maintenance & repair services for Breakthrough ACTION staff equipment items (e.g. printers, laptops, etc.).
- Set up & maintain filing system relevant to assigned administrative functions.
- Handle confidential & non routine information & explain departmental policies when necessary.
- Provide support to receiving deliveries of supplies & materials by confirming goods receipt against invoice or contract specifications.
- Track all leases for leased office space & MOU for shared office space, including timely renewal & termination.
- Liaise with MIHR on issues concerning the lease agreement as they arise & as agreed in the MOU.
- Ensure Breakthrough ACTION staff are equipped with the necessary supplies, materials, equipment & other resources needed for a functioning office.
- Make external conference, workshop, training & travel arrangements for staff as requested including lodging, flights, car hire & ferry / boat hire services, which are usually complex & ever changing.
- Keep staff updated on arrangements & changes in advance when known.
- Arrange for transport services to facilitate staff movement.
- Maintain inventory & asset management.
- Monitor & track the fuel card utilization comparing vehicle tracking report with manual fuel logs against receipts.
- Ensure logbooks are being accurately completed by drivers & passengers.
- Provide training & guidance as needed to ensure the proper handling & management of all program & organization assets & inventory.
- Before all assets, inventory or vehicles are put into use, update registers with required information in full when new items are purchased, ensure the appropriate marking / branding / etching of program assets before dissemination.
- Track, monitor & update the asset & inventory registers based on asset & inventory movement including reassignment, location & condition.
- Ensure the proper sign out & return of inventory, assets & follow up with staff to ensure the items are returned timely or update the return dates.
- Adhere to CCP policies on the management of lost or stolen assets & inventory.
- Prepare the annual required non expendable property report.
- Update & maintain CCP policy manuals & other guidance documents.
- This role reports to the Senior SBC Advisor.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the NGO sector within South Sudan in office administration.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing USAID projects, experience managing USAID contracts is an added advantage.
- Strong organizational & management skills.
- Good problem solving & independent thinking skills.
- Strong working relationships & interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyse & interpret general procedures & govt. regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence & procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers & general public.
- Intermediate competency in MS Word, Excel & beginner competency in PowerPoint.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Ability to work well with others.
- A customer service oriented individual with ability to deal with staff & service providers.
- Ability to work independently in a high profile, fast paced & multi tasked environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate highly effective communications skills, both written & spoken in English to staff in the head office & field offices.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.