- Announcement Number: HANOI-2022-27
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Accounting Technician
- Open Period: 06/16/2022 – 06/30/2022
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/ Grade:LE – 0401 7
- Salary: USD $13,827
- Work Schedule: Full-time – Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of 45 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Incumbent of this position will serve as an Accounting Technician to obtain Value Added Tax (VAT) Refund for the Mission. The incumbent will report to the Supervisory Voucher Examiner with administrative oversight by the Supervisory Financial Management Specialist and Financial Management Officer. S/he will classify VAT accounting transactions, maintain and reconcile VAT transactions, prepare VAT quarterly reports.
S/he will be responsible for maintaining the overall control for all account receivable, performing technical audit functions to examine the vouchering packages, and serving as PSU Point of Contact, acting as an Alternate Cashier, backing-up absent employees and performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years of progressively responsible work in voucher examining, allotment accounting, disbursing, bookkeeping or VAT refund work is required.
A good basic knowledge of standard accounting clerical procedures used to process and record transactions and accounting data. A general knowledge of office practices and procedures as they relate to processing or compilation of financial data or records. A good knowledge of local taxation regulations including Value Added Tax refund process.
Knowledge of a variety of accounting and budget functional areas and their relationships to other functions to research or investigate problems or errors that require reconciling and reconstructing incomplete information, conducting extensive and exhaustive searches for required information or performing actions of similar complexity.
Completion of university level education with a baccalaureate degree in accounting, finance, management, or business is required.
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.Must be skilled in reading complex regulations and relating them to issues at hand.
- Must possess considerable skills in articulating complex issues orally and in writing, e.g., to explain disallowance of claims, to describe alternative or hypothetical conditions. Must be skilled in using computer terminals to maintain financial database.
- Must have a good writing skill. (This will be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY: CLICK HERE