The Opportunity – Accounting and Partner Coordinator
The position will take lead of Accounting and Partner team to ensure to ensure the integrity, transparency and compliance of financial and accounting information in Save the Children (SCI) and it’s partner by maintaining up-to-date and user friendly financial system and carring out smoothly and in strict accordance with general accouting principles, SCI accounting policy, donor rules and regulations and to ensure finance management both in SCI’s and partner’s office to be implemented soundly and efficiently. Lead the finance (accounting) team and participate in financial policy development as well as identiy Financial risk and capacity gaps for future action.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The following are the main accountabilities:
Month end/year End
- Take the lead to ensure all steps in month end/year end checklist are strictly followed;
- Take the lead on balance sheet account management and ensure strong/healthy balance sheet and its management indicators;
- Take the lead in order to ensure Monthly Financial Report and Monthly Control Checklist Report are submitted on time and with high quality;
- Take the lead on preparation of Year End Return (YER) packages for Finance Manager Review (YER, Disclosure)
- Coordinate with all offices (Hanoi, HCM, Danang and Hai Phong) in order to ensure payment and expense processing to be done and recognised in the system in due time in order to help achieving KPI on Budget Vs Actual.
- Work closely with Supply Chain team to ensure stock check is done properly and Total Inventory Managemetn System Reconcilation done timely with high quality;
- Coordinate with Human Resource team and ensuare Annual leave Reconciliation is properly done;
- Coordinate with Huam Resource team so as to have information for staff changes updated in due time in software for the purpose of monthly salary calculation, ensuring monthly staff salary to be calculated correctly and transferred timely to staff;
Supervision of Daily Accounting at all offices
- Ensure accounting tasks to be done timely and correctly specifically:
- Bank books and cash book are updated daily;
- Difference between bank book is reconciled;
- No difference between actual cash balance (in safe box) and balance as per cash book.
- Debtor balance is updated and cleared within due date;
- Creditor balance is updated and settled within agreed terms;
- Provide technical guidance to Lao Cai Office (Sponsorship project) in terms of accounting.
Cash Forecast/Banking and Cash Management
- Take the lead in cash management for the country ensuring monthly cashflow forecast is prepared and submitted on time, no bank overdraft at any time and cash reserver being within limit;
- Coordinating the process of bank and cash reconciliation, cash count at the month end;
- Ensure bank authority arrangement to be updated timely when needed.
Internal Control Policies Development
- Coordinate the process of SCI internal control policy development, rolling out and implementation (including but not limited to accounting policy, payment policy, cost norm, partner guidelines);
- Take the lead in the policy induction/training process so as to ensure staff understand and apply correctly the policies;
System Maintenance Tasks
Agresso ( Financial Management System – FMS) is kept clean and accordance to Global Policy ensuring:
- New codes are created on timely basis.
- All users must have passwords to log into Agresso
- Data is backup as scheduled
- Budget code are correctly recorded in to FMS and appropriately charged into approved grant
- A central filling system is in place and easy to trace back
- All donor budgets are mapped with organisation’s code before posting to FMS.
Partner Financial Management:
Review of Partner Advance and Reports
- Supervise the process of reviewing partner reports so as to ensure the reports data are well justified by accounting books, cost items are justified, being within the budget and cost norm;
- Supervise the process of reviewing partner advance request, ensuring advance is within the approved budget, in line with the partner disbursement capacity, avoiding the situation that partner cash balance being high;
- Monitor the progress made by the team regarding partner report and advance review so as to ensure it is done in due time, in line with plans, to timely notice and fix any issues/problems that can prevent partner reports and advance to be timely recognised in the system;
- Provide technical guidance to Lao Cai office (Sponsorship) concerning partner financial management.
Partner Capacity Building
- In collaboration with other teams, ensure Accounting and Partner Management team to conduct partner assessment in due time so as to identify properly partner strength and weakness;
- Take the lead in the process of partners’ training including financial management training and on fraud raising awarness;
- Ensure finance team members provide sufficient training to partners: for new partners, induction is compulsory; for on-going partners, refresh training is needed and refresh training should focus on partnres’ weaknesses which have been pointed out during finance visits and assessment;
Partner Close Out
- Ensure proper handover before final payment (hand over of equipment/assest hand over).
- Ensure close out checklist signed for close out process.
- Be focal point in finance team to ensure personal income tax for staff both national and international, or Foreign Contractor Tax to be declared and paid in due time in line with current law and regulations
- Do year end tax finalisation and submit to tax authority in due time;
- Support Finance Manager to ensure all Government policies, regulations with regard to PIT, Foreign Contractor Tax – FCT, VAT are strictly followed by SC.
- Be focal point in tasks regarding VAT refund for projects, providing guidance to partners on this if required;
Staff Management and Staff Capacity Building:
- Manage finance staff under Accounting and Partner Management with direct reports (03) and indirect reports of 2 staff including recruitment; performance review and career development;
- Support staff at the filed offices for capacity building, setting up Develop to Perfom (DtP) objectives, DtP review, talent development;
- Take part in the recruitment of Project/Programme Manager;
- Provide capacity building for staff including training and development of financial skills for both finance and non-finance staff;
- Support budget holder training (Budget Holders induction, annual Budget Holder training, ad hoc Budget Holder training);
- Ensure members of Accounting and Partner Management team having sufficient knowledge about SCI system, policy, regulations through technical meetings, on the job training, coaching.
Support/Back up and other tasks
- Act on behalf of Finance Manager when required;
- Play back up role for Senior Finance Montoring Officer when required;
- Ensure the Accounting and Partner Management team follow well SCI safeguarding policy in any team tasks and activities;
- Be a member of Country fraud focal point team.
- Internal: Finance Manager, Finance and Support Services Director, Senior Management Team, Programme and Finance Staff
- External: Government Agencies, INGOs, donors, suppliers of goods and services
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant subject, MA is preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7-10 years experience in financial management, preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organization
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese government system and international development arena
- Good financial management skill
- Have strong sense for compliance
- Having hand-on experiences in working with different accounting soft ware
- Proven knowledge and skills in staff management
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent prioritization skill and ability to coordinate a variety of work activities
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Proven commitment to children rights and equality of opportunity
- Good computer and IT skills
- Knowledge of Vietnam development issues and NGO networks
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to email@example.com
Closing Date for Application: 04th October, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We believe that gender equality is a basic right for all people
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Organisation Name: Save the Children
Application Deadline: Mon, 2021-10-04