Job description – Accountant
Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is affiliated with the University of Sydney in Australia and is recognized as one of the leading research institutions for respiratory diseases and sleep disorders. Operating in Vietnam since 2009, we have undertaken large operational, epidemiological and clinical research projects and run training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers. The Woolcock Institute has three research centres and offices in Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City and Ca Mau. Currently we directly employ about 50 full-time staff and coordinates multiple study projects within lung health management and treatment across eleven provinces. We also expand research activity to other fields including antimicrobial resistance.
For more information about us, please visit:
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, Australia: www.woolcock.org.au
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam: www.woolcockvietnam.org
Work location: Ho Chi Minh city , and with possibility of domestic travel
Type of work:
Duration: 12 months appointment, with consideration for subsequent extension. This position will begin on 01/12/2020.
Direct report: Trial Manager and Financial Manager
- Trial Officers
- Collaborative research partners and institutions
- Financial Manager
- Human Resources & Administration Manager
- Country Director
- Chief Investigators
- Responsible for all accounting activities at Ho Chi Minh City office
- Assist with administration and human resources activities of Ho Chi Minh City office
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To collect and review supporting documents on expenditures managed by HCMC office
- To prepare and monitor contracts
- To monitor study budget closely and inform Trial Manager of the budget status on a regular basis
- To verify invoices and deliveries, and make sure that all supporting documents are received and correct
- To prepare monthly accounting and finance reports related in accordance with the organization/donors’ requirement and timetable, and to archive all accounting related documents digitally and in hardcopy
- To process travel advances, travel expenses and other program advances, clear advance and monitor advances.
- To perform end-of-month cash control procedure with the HCMC office’s cashier
- To manage cash flow, ensuring that regular and accurate transfer requests are made and to accurately estimate upcoming expenditure
- To work with the administrative-in-charge officer to maintain equipment inventory, verify all inventory items periodically. Ensure all inventory are labeled in accordance with WOOLCOCK requirement.
- Upon financial audit, provide the support necessary to the auditors conducting the audit and assure the implementation of any audit-based recommendations.
- Control and compliance:
- To ensure all necessary control systems are in place, and maintained, to ensure the security of the WOOLCOCK’s finances and that funds are used for their designated purpose
- To regularly review and report risks and develop ways of mitigating them
- To lead on all internal and external audits
- To ensure compliance will all relevant Vietnamese regulatory and host hospitals reporting requirements including tax
- To keep up-to-date with latest development and best practice in the field, including current legislation
- To prepare and keep track labour/service/consultancy contracts and assist with social insurance procedures
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work within a team and organise it
- Management skills
- Strategic planning
- Ability to prioritise
- A motivator with good listening skills
- Focused, but flexible approach
- Willingness to work hard
- Knowledge/experience of all relevant guidance/regulations
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Accounting diplomas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of organizational and record keeping skills.
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English (both CV and cover letter), no later than 30/11/2020 by submitting the application form in the link as follows:
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 30/11/2020, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất